Reports to: CFO
Location: Enfield, NH
The Controller is the leader in all accounting and purchasing tasks through effective management of the administrative team. This position has responsibilities for the accounting processes from basic to advanced, and includes budgetary responsibility. The Controller is strong in analytical and financial projections, including pro-formas and hypothetical scenarios. The position is also responsible for effective purchasing activities to reach margin goals. This position uses knowledge and skill to continuously improve the accounting team processes to make customers’ experience better. The Controller works with the management team to ensure RCS business workflows are effective. The Controller works with the CFO in a collaborative fashion.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
DO THE RIGHT THING – the main core value, under which falls:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Make things easier and better
The Controller is responsible in the following key areas:
- Lead and manage a team dedicated to accounting, billing and purchasing activities. Controller ensures accountability of all team members.
- Analysis and reporting on various financial aspects of RCS. Ability to communicate the significance of analysis and reporting to Leadership Team with recommendations for business changes and improvements.
- Month-end closing and financial package creation, yearly review with outside accounting firm, and ensuring that all corporate tax returns are filed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Revenue recognition across all lines of business, suggesting improvements where needed. Ability to audit revenue recognition and billing effectiveness and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Budget creation and reporting on performance to budget. Ability to analyze and communicate about critical areas of RCS budget performance.
- To effectively accomplish all tasks, Controller will establish and nurture working relationships with staff on and off site. Controller will have the ability to communicate professionally with customers, vendors, RCS advisors, and all others to promote RCS success.
This position requires an accounting degree and at least 5 years of demonstrated progressive responsibility. MBA or CPA preferred.
Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and database programs is required. Excellent internal and external customer service skills combined with strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Timeliness and accuracy are skills essential for success in this position. Above average Excel skills are required. Knowledge of QuickBooks, Sales Force, and NCR Counterpoint preferred
Primarily in an office environment. Controller will be expected to travel as needed on company business.