Front Line Service Technician
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
The Front Line Service Technician will be the first point of contact for all Customer Support needs. This position will be responsible for all intake, distribution and follow-through of all Customer Support requests. In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
- Perform intake of cases through all channels, such as phone, online portal and email. Gather necessary information to resolve the customer issue, or to escalate to the appropriate technician to assist. Document customer requests and set appropriate tagging based on Service Level Agreement (SLA). Set customer expectations at the end of every interaction. All escalations must be performed through warm hand-off.
- Advise customers on how to best use software and solutions sold by RCS to meet customer business needs. Provide on-demand technical support to customers via phone, email, remote control, or face-to-face. Assist customers by performing basic diagnostics using utilities, and resolve issues using published materials, training, and documented workarounds and fixes. Document resolution, and distribute to teams for further use (when applicable).
- Accurate and timely recording in the company CRM system.
- Assign new cases to technician’s queues based on load balance method. Communicate with a technician if high or critical cases arise.
- When applicable manage escalations to engineers, developers, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide feedback to Technical Support Manager to improve systems; providing status updates to Management and Project Manager and Project Coordinator on a daily, weekly, monthly basis when applicable.
- Perform emergency technical support (after-hours support) based on SLA on a weekly, rotational schedule. Provide technical escalation for service team after-hours staff and management on a weekly, rotational schedule. Accurate and timely recording in Company CRM System.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and standards governing RCS and the service department.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Manager.
Standards of Performance:
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and a strong phone presence.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Self- starter with an eagerness to learn and mentor while working in a friendly fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to use and manage time tracking systems adhering to multiple service level agreements.
- The representative must have a minimum of 1-year customer service experience and a High School Diploma or higher.
- Service desk, help desk, call center experience, and/or retail experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to efficiently accomplish multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency.
- Motivated, proactive, able to learn, and adapt quickly.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO.
- Working from general office desk, talking on the phone 70% of the day, working on a computer 90% of the day.
- Occasional travel is possible.
Please send your inquiry and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.