The Network Administrator will maintain reliable, secure and efficient data communications networks for corporate, cloud hosted and customer hosted networks. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. The Network Administrator works across all teams and departments in RCS to fulfill internal and external customer expectations. The Network Administrator performs all tasks, meets quality and security standards and documentation, and assists in developing the same on a timely basis. Maintains high standard for PCI audit requirements on a constant basis. Work closely with the Services Team, Sales and Production staffs in pursuit of Customer satisfaction and the business goals of RCS.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks and in house servers, cloud hosted networks and servers, and customer hosted networks and servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Schedule and apply needed updates in accordance with internal policies and change control processes
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Setup and IPSEC VPN connections
- Troubleshoot customer connectivity incidents
- Document all work. Follow internal processes and policies including all change control procedures.
- Participate in an on call rotation
Standards of Performance:
- Say YES!
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network and server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, VPN’s, routers, switches, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Experience working with Enterprise class Network Monitoring Systems such as SolarWinds
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Experience working with Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto, and SonicWall preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Terminal Services preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science or related work experience
Hours and working conditions:
Regular Business Hours: 8:00am-9:00pm Monday through Friday and After Hours support outside of business.
General office setting with long periods of sitting and working at a computer. Opportunity to stand is available at select workstations. May include travel on site to customer’s location.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org