RCS Payments Outside Sales Agent
Department: RCS Payments
Reports to: Director of Merchant Services
The Outside Sales Agent is responsible for signing merchants to RCS Payments services, including (but not limited to): merchant accounts and smart bank transfer services.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for establishing Merchant Services Account Contacts that develop to new business. Sign merchants to RCS Payments services.
- Set clear and honest expectations to merchants switching from another processor.
- Build trust and long-term relationships with merchants.
- Discuss payment device and POS solutions as necessary for merchant onboarding.
- Work with Director of Merchant Services to design sales plan; responsible for setting calendars and call-backs.
- Read merchant account statements, evaluate for inefficiencies and help with billing statement errors.
- Establish individual and team goals and KPI’s with a manager that supports and aligns with RCS’s core values, company goals, and strategic direction. Work to achieve goals and KPI’s while maintaining an appropriate balance of focus and attention in all aspects of the role. Routinely review with the manager to ensure targets are attainable and on track.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and standards governing RCS and the RCS Payments department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- Arrive at work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and phone presence. Exceptional organizational and negotiation skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency. Always represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in electronic, written, or personal communications.
- Open-minded, friendly, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn. A driven and motivated individual who can work independently.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills as it relates to basic Excel, Word, Acrobat, and internet research skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in the merchant services industry preferred.
- Proven ability as a team player working closely with company associates to support company objectives and strategies.
- Experience or training in a Connectwise environment is a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO or remote. Remote employees should adhere to the Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 70% of the day and working on a computer 90% of the day. Outside Sales Agents are expected to generate business by any means necessary – phone, email, in person.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business requiring travel, overnight lodging, and driving in inclement weather.
Work hours: to be determined based on needs
Annual Wage: Commission only
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org