Cannabis Industry Account Executive
Reports to: VP Sales and Marketing
The Cannabis Industry Account Executive is responsible for selling RCS products and services to the cannabis vertical industry. The Account Executive will reach business targets through management of the assigned industry, discovery and follow up with new prospects, physical visits, and other means of communication such as emails, newsletters, telephone calls, blogs, trade shows, etc. The Account Executive will establish and maintain profitable relationships with customers and maintain a professional image when representing the company in all forms of communication and presentation. In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Conduct territory surveys, use market data, and otherwise actively mine for prospects.
- Generate and develop new client accounts leveraging personal network.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate data and records with regard to potential and actual customer data, contacts and meetings within company system of record.
- Arrange for and perform or attend presentations or demonstrations of RCS products.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Timely follow up on estimates and renewal revenue.
- Promote and sell NCR Counterpoint and RCS’ Cannabis plug-in, Anthea, and complementary technologies as appropriate.
- Promote upcoming training events and customer conferences.
- Assist all RCS personnel in order to satisfy customers and achieve company goals.
- Accurate and timely reporting of opportunities in company system of record.
- Maintain appropriate level of calls and contacts to execute sales objectives.
- Prepare and maintain demo database for new opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by sales management.
Standards of Performance:
- Meet annual Sales Quota (based on invoiced sales). Quotas are subject to change annually.
- Maintain appropriate level of hardware and software margin.
- Professional demeanor, selling style and appearance. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic.
- Represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in appearance, and electronic, written or personal communications.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, certifications for sales and computer knowledge, utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word and strict adherence to CRM policies and processes.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your Sales Manager.
- 3-5 years direct sales experience, primarily in computer-related field, preferably point-of-sale systems.
- Industry knowledge (network of key players, ecosystem, needs/challenges, etc.) preferred.
- Can articulate value proposition of key retail initiatives, i.e. cloud/SaaS, omnichannel, business intelligence, etc.
- Solid experience in lead qualification, pre-visit planning, account development and territory management.
- Demonstrated ability to convert sales prospects to closed deals.
General office setting working on computer and wearing headset for telephone conversations. Remote employees should adhere to Work At Home Policy. Moderate travel for prospect visits and trade shows requiring travel, overnight lodging and driving in inclement weather.
Reports to: VP Sales and Marketing
Work hours: Full time
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org