Reports to: Controller
The Senior Accountant position assists the Controller with all accounting and administrative tasks for Retail Control Systems. Major responsibilities include reconciling accounts, compiling the monthly financial package and related analysis necessary for management to make business decisions.
The Senior Accountant will analyze business operations and financial information and make recommendations to improve RCS. Additionally, this position will continuously improve and implement appropriate accounting policies and procedures. In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Value:
1. Do the right thing 2. Be fun to work with 3. Take ownership
- Responsible for month-end and year-end activities, including preparing schedules and work papers, reconciling accounts, and financial package. This includes working with RCS’ outside accounting firm to provide year-end information needed for corporate tax returns and reviewed reports.
- Timely reconcile accounts on a monthly basis in order to prepare an accurate financial package. Input and verify necessary banking transactions, maintain accurate records, audit on a regular basis.
- Ensure revenue is recognized timely and according to the latest GAAP guidance. Frequent audits of this area are critical.
- Document and implement procedures for the department. Assess their success and implement improvements where needed with the Controller.
- Responsible for budget preparation, forecasting and analysis.
- Timely and accurate preparation and reconciliation of weekly and monthly sales commissions reports.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures and standards governing RCS and the accounting department.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Manager.
Standards of Performance:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills combined with problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Self- starter with an eagerness to learn.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 3-5 years of demonstrated progressive responsibility. Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and database programs is required.
- Timeliness and accuracy are skills essential for success in this position.
- Above average Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Connectwise preferred.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or remote.
- Working from general office desk, working on a computer 90% of the day.
Please send your inquiry and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.