Senior Subject Matter Specialist
The Senior Subject Matter Specialist is a trusted advisor and provides clients with phone, remote control and on-site software and hardware support. They are responsible for staying up-to-date with new software features, hardware devices, and custom modifications. Specifically they are responsible for:
- Execute complex scheduled and unscheduled Support Tickets quickly and efficiently while maintaining excellent communication with the customer
- Mentor technical team by providing advice and/or resolution of Escalations, and by providing documented work arounds.
- Keep the customer and technical teams informed by producing, distributing and updating ticket system articles and solutions, including work arounds.
- Gather data and perform diagnostics using database, application and operating system tools
- Manage escalations to engineers, developers, vendors, and contractors
- Perform duties outside of standard technical support including but not limited to web-based or in person training, remote or on-site installation of hardware and software, upgrades and service packs and customizations utilizing Crystal Reports
- Provide updates to stake holders on critical escalations as directed
- Provide feedback to other RCS units to improve systems
- Adhere to change control policies
Standards of Performance:
- Exceptional customer service skills, and a strong phone presence
- Open minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated
- Strong written communication
- Eager and willing to learn, mentor
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to use and manage time tracking systems
- 3-5 years retail experience and knowledge or point of sale software and operations
Technicians must have a proven and strong working knowledge of computer software and hardware, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Operating Systems, SQL server and Internet Fundamentals
- Knowledge of CounterPoint point-of-sale software and operations, inventory procedures, ordering, promotions, general clerk details open and end of day procedures. NCCI (NCR Counterpoint Certified Installer) preferred
- High School Diploma or higher
- Comp TIA+, Comp TIA Networks +, Comp TIA Security +, Cisco CCENT, Microsoft MTA
- 3-5 years direct Customer Support via phone in a technical capacity
- Database structure, Microsoft SQL and Crystal Reports
- Network troubleshooting, working knowledge of computer hardware installation and set up.
- Working ability in Quickbooks and other accounting software packages. General accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a strong phone presence
- Open-minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated, proven time-management skills
- Strong written communication
- Ability to quickly, accurately, and creatively solve problems
- Eager and willing to learn, willing and available for intermittent travel
- 1-3 years retail experience at a managerial level.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO
- Working from general office desk, talking on the phone 70% of the day, working on a computer 90% of the day
Reports to Business Operations Manager
Work hours: Hours TBD based on needs