What do you look for in a career?
At RCS we don’t sell a product, we do the right thing by providing the solutions that are right for our customers. As part of the team, we have fun and take ownership of our customer’s success, building long-lasting relationships in the process. We have close to one hundred customers who have been with us for over 10 years and many who have been with us for over 20!
RCS is seeking an active, engaged, energetic, self-motivated individual who drives to complete tasks now rather than push them to another day… a problem-solver who creates a solution to overcome obstacles and roadblocks.
As a Developer at RCS you will enhance the Company product offerings to customers and vertical markets. The software developer is responsible for staying up to date with new technology, have a deep knowledge of RCS-approved software products, and maintain strong communication on the status of development projects.
- Work with Customers and/or RCS Personal on full life-cycle of all reports, customizations and software, which includes: Needs analysis, proof of concept, design/define, build, prototype, validate, and deploy.
- Provide use training and technical documentation to internal and external sources.
- Provide secondary support for the developed products.
- Provide advanced SQL and Crystal Reports support for the support department.
- Resolve existing or new development items, sometimes using reverse engineering.
- Actively manage a development calendar to track the progress and phase of each active project.
- Effective and timely communication of project status, timeline and budget with clients and RCS team members.
- Create clear installation instructions and manuals for developed goods. Catalog results.
- Establish individual and team goals and KPI’s with manager that support and align with RCS’ core values, company goals, and strategic direction. Work to achieve goals and KPI’s while maintaining an appropriate balance of focus and attention in all aspects of the role. Routinely review with manager to ensure targets are attainable and on track.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures and standards governing RCS and the service department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- And much more!
Education and Experience:
- Developer-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server; query design, analytics, and stored procedures.
- Developer-level knowledge of REST API development, with an emphasis on back-end connectivity.
- Knowledge in object-oriented application architecture design patterns (.NET / C#).
- Knowledge of system integration and data transfer.
- Proficient understanding of code management and versioning best practices (Git).
- Familiarity with retail point of sale software desired; knowledge of NCR Counterpoint and/or Cegid a plus.
RCS is looking for someone to fill this position, who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high degree of integrity and work ethic. Timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position.
Apply today if you’d like to learn more about the RCS culture and possess the qualities above.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com