Support Technician – Level 3
On the shores of Mascoma Lake in the Shaker Museum Village, a mere 8 minutes east of the Lebanon, NH green far away from the traffic snarls, a family-owned and operated company with parking close to the front door has quietly attained and remained the number one value-added reseller of small-to-medium point of sale installations for NCR Corporation.
With an employee group who have proven abilities to learn and implement new things, have active interests outside of work, give 100% to the company goal of achieving award winning service and training to customers, and who are reliable and trustworthy, Retail Control Systems is continuously evolving, improving and growing.
The Support Technician is a trusted advisor and provides clients with phone, remote control and on-site software and hardware support. They are responsible for staying up-to-date with new software features, hardware devices, and custom modification. Specifically they are responsible for:
- Provide on-demand technical support to customers via phone, email, remote control or face-to-face
- Advise customers on how best uses of software and technologies sold by RCS to meet customer business needs
- Monitoring and resolving calls in the support queue
- Entering prompt accurate time logs against each call
- Providing emergency after-hours support
- Working to configure and implement new systems.
- Install and test new hardware and software, training, and supporting systems on-site
- General documentation for common customer issues
- Training customers on software functions and features
- Working with and assisting customer to create custom label formats, forms, and reports
- Testing new hardware and documenting specifications on how to configure and use
- Technicians must have proven and strong working knowledge of both retail operations and computer software and hardware, including but not limited to: Knowledge of CounterPoint point-of-sale software and operations, inventory procedures, ordering, promotions, general clerk details open and end of day procedures.
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Internet fundamentals, Microsoft Server
- Database structure, Microsoft SQL and Crystal Reports
- Network troubleshooting, working knowledge of computer hardware installation and set up.
- Working ability in Quickbooks and other accounting software packages. General accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a strong phone presence
- Open-minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated, proven time-management skills
- Strong written communication
- Ability to quickly, accurately, and creatively solve problems
- Eager and willing to learn, willing and available for intermittent travel
- 1-3 years retail experience at a managerial level.
Base Wage: $22.00-$30.00/hour DOE
Hours and working conditions:
Hours: 40 hour work week between the hours of 8:00 am-6:00 pm. After hours, emergency and weekend call are required as scheduled.
General office setting with long periods of sitting. Opportunity to stand is available at select workstations.
This position is based in our Enfield, New Hampshire office.