Reports to: President
The function of the Account Manager is to provide direct sales and excellent, timely, informative communication with our existing customers and internal RCS resources in the Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services, and Accounting departments.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate revenue by maintaining and selling add-on products and services to existing customers. This includes but, is not limited to; new registers, new locations, peripherals, user bumps, receipt paper, labels, inversion upgrades, Support (TCC), training as well as RCS Retail Applications, devices, and services.
- Promote and sell RCS Retail Applications, devices, services.
- Meet annual Sales Quota (based on invoiced sales). Quotas are subject to change year after year.
- Timely follow up on estimates and renewal revenue.
- Design, plan, promote, and deliver upcoming training events and customer conferences.
- Primary contact for incoming sales phone line, fellow sales staff to fill in as needed.
- Assist all RCS personnel in order to satisfy customers and achieve company goals.
- Coordinate and attend customer implementation plan review meetings.
- Provide informational resources and guidance to customers.
- Accurately and timely maintenance of the sales database.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, certifications for sales and computer knowledge, utilizing at work opportunities, and on personal time.
- Document inside sales procedures using established formats, maintain as necessary.
- Maintain an appropriate level of hardware and software margin.
- Arrive at work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and phone presence. Exceptional sales, organizational, and negotiation skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency. Always represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in electronic, written, or personal communications.
- Open-minded, friendly, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years direct sales experience, primarily in a computer-related field, preferably point-of-sale systems.
- Industry knowledge (a network of key players, ecosystem, needs/challenges, etc.) preferred.
- Can articulate the value proposition of key retail initiatives, i.e. cloud/SaaS, omnichannel, business intelligence, etc.
- Solid experience in lead qualification, pre-visit planning, account development, and territory management.
- Demonstrated ability to convert sales prospects to closed deals.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Google, and database programs are required.
- Experience or training in a Connectwise environment is a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO or remote. Remote employees should adhere to the Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 70% of the day and working on a computer 90% of the day.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business for prospect visits and tradeshows requiring travel, overnight lodging, and driving in inclement weather.
Work hours to be determined based on needs.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com