Reports to: Professional Services Manager
Department: Professional Services
The Consultant advises clients on the configuration of software and hardware-based on business practices and needs over the phone, remote control, or in person. The Consultant also has the ability to analyze client business practices and/or point of sale solutions to make recommendations to increase efficiencies.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
- Perform business discoveries and advise clients on the configuration of software and hardware-based on business practices.
- Work with clients to clarify specifications and understand their work practices for increased efficiencies.
- Work closely with Project Management to develop agreed solutions and implement new systems through training, installation, and one-on-one support by phone, remote control or in person.
- Resolve service requests in a high volume environment through direct contact, remote assistance, and by providing training documentation. Use best practices to identify and diagnose database, application, and operating system service requests.
- Mentor peers by providing technical documentation and act as a resource and a point of contact (POC) for escalation.
- Maintain and provide timely customer, internal, and documentation updates for each service request through the Company CRM system.
- Manage escalations to engineers, developers, vendors, and contractors.
- At times perform pre-sales consulting/needs analysis.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on critical escalations as directed. Provide feedback to other RCS units to improve systems.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures, and standards governing RCS and the service department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, new software features, hardware devices, and custom modifications utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- Arrive at work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and phone presence, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency. Always represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in electronic, written, or personal communications.
- Open-minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred with the ability to adjust quickly to changes in service request severity and priorities and changes to scheduling as needed to maintain customer service level agreements.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or higher.
- 3-5 years of retail experience and knowledge of point of sale software and operations.
- 3-5 years direct customer support via phone in a technical capacity preferred.
- 3+ years of software consulting preferred.
- A proven and strong working knowledge of computer software and hardware, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Operating Systems, SQL Server, and Internet Fundamentals.
- Knowledge of NCR CounterPoint point-of-sale software and operations, inventory procedures, ordering, promotions, general clerk details open and end of day procedures. NCCI (NCR Counterpoint Certified Installer) preferred.
- Database structure, Microsoft SQL, and Crystal Reports.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, accounting software applications, and general accounting principles is a plus.
- Comp TIA+, Comp TIA Networks +, Comp TIA Security +, Cisco CCENT, Microsoft ITILv.3 Fundamentals preferred.
- Network troubleshooting, working knowledge of computer hardware installation and set up.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Google, and database programs are required.
- Experience or training in a Connectwise environment is a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO or remote. Remote employees should adhere to the Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 70% of the day and working on a computer 90% of the day. Occasional long work hours outside of normal workdays in order to meet deadlines.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business.
Work hours to be determined based on needs
Yearly wage dependent on experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com