Reports to: Professional Services Manager
Department: Professional Services
This role is to enhance the Company’s product offerings to customers and vertical markets. The software developer is responsible for staying up to date with new technology, have a deep knowledge of RCS approved software products, and maintain strong communication on the status of development projects. Where necessary, the developer will create a detailed scope document and an estimate of labor hours and the timeline for delivery of the product.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- New programs and software enhancement
- Develop new programs and complete customization requests for RCS clients.
- Work with RCS clients to define and design product.
- Document scope and final programs, ensure programs and related information is cataloged.
- Provide secondary support for the developed products.
- Vertical market development
- Work with the Sales team to define and design RCS specialty software products.
- Provide advanced SQL and Crystal Reports support for the support department.
- RCS Development
- Work with the management team to develop tools for RCS operations.
- Work with RCS team and customer to define scope document for development projects.
- Provide details of time and materials to complete scope of work.
- Maintain an up-to-date development calendar to track the progress and phase of each development project. Effective and timely communication of project status with clients and RCS team members.
- Thorough testing of all developed goods to ensure it adheres to scope and is error free prior to implementation.
- Ensure time and materials required to complete development work is equal to or less than budget and final goods are delivered on or before delivery date.
- Create clear installation instructions and manuals for developed goods. Catalog results.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures and standards governing RCS and the service department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and phone presence, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency. Always represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in electronic, written or personal communications.
- Open minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred with ability to adhere to multiple service level agreements.
Education and Experience:
- Developer-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, .NET (C#), and application architecture design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of REST API development, with an emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Proficient understanding of code management and versioning best practices (Git).
- Familiarity with retail point of sale software desired; knowledge of NCR Counterpoint and/or Cegid a plus.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including excel, PowerPoint and word, Google and database programs is required.
- Experience or training in a Connectwise environment is a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO or remote. Remote employees should adhere to Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 10% of the day and working on a computer 90% of the day. Occasional long work hours outside of normal workdays in order to meet deadlines.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business.
Work hours to be determined based on needs
Yearly wage dependent on experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org