5 Ways to Beat the Heat this Summer
Could it be any hotter??!! It’s an especially warm summer this year, pretty much everywhere, and the dog days of the summer aren’t over yet. So, we thought we’d compile a list of all our favorite ways to beat the heat, along with products from some of our partners.
- Did you know that the top of your head makes up approximately 10% of your skin’s total surface area? It makes sense that you naturally feel cooler when your head isn’t exposed to the sun’s rays. If you’re in the market for a new sun hat, consider one of the many options from our partner Roam.
- Speaking of shade… the world and your yard can always use another tree. While the temperature in the shade is the same as in the sun, getting out of direct sun rays actually makes the air feel 10-15 degrees cooler. Head to your local nursery this weekend, pick out a tree, and feel cooler by the afternoon.
- While you’re relaxing in the shade of your new tree, you’re going to need an ice cold drink, perhaps a hard cider from Cold Hollow. Adding a little umbrella is entirely up to you, we won’t judge.
- Do you live somewhere that is constantly in triple digits and you don’t have air conditioning? Don’t fret, there is probably a local science or art museum nearby with a thermostat set to 65.
- Looking to stay cool and have a thrilling time? Try flying among the birds with a hang-gliding adventure at Kitty Hawk Kites.