Reports to: Professional Services Manager
Department: Professional Services
This role enhances the Company’s product offerings to customers and vertical markets. The business analyst is responsible for staying up to date with new technology, having a deep knowledge of RCS approved software products, and maintaining communication on the status of development projects. Where necessary, the Business Analyst will create a detailed scope document and an estimate of labor hours, and a timeline for delivery of the product.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Customers and/or RCS Personal on the full life-cycle of all customizations, integrations, software and products, which include: Needs analysis, proof of concept, design/define, build, prototype, validate, and deployment.
- Provide use-training and technical documentation to internal and external sources.
- Provide secondary support for the developed products; Fix any issues related to database coding or performance and provide corrective measures.
- Perform quality assurance testing prior to releasing solutions to production.
- Ensure the data quality and integrity in databases.
- Actively manage project timelines.
- Track all work, customer communication and overall status within RCS’ ticketing system.
- Effective and timely communication of project status, timeline and budget with clients and RCS team members.
- Create clear installation instructions and manuals for developed goods. Catalog results.
- Establish individual and team goals and KPI’s with manager that support and align with RCS’ core values, company goals, and strategic direction. Work to achieve goals and KPIs while maintaining an appropriate balance of focus and attention in all aspects of the role. Routinely review with manager to ensure targets are attainable and on track.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures and standards governing RCS.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications.
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Additional duties as assigned and agreed to.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Be able to create SQL queries, functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Create and Modify Crystal Reports.
- Familiar with scripts tools such as Powershell and Python.
- Familiar with Microsoft PowerBI and SQL Server Reporting Service.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and phone presence, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency.
- Open minded and self-motivated, eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred with ability to adhere to multiple service level agreements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar experience required.
- Developer-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is required.
- Developer-level knowledge of modern REST API with an emphasis on back-end connectivity required.
- Knowledge and Experience in Crystal Reporting, object-oriented application architecture design patterns (.NET / C#), system integration and data transfer preferred. Proficient understanding of code management and versioning best practices (Git).
- Familiarity with retail point of sale software desired.
- Knowledge and/or experience with NCR Counterpoint a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an NH or CO RCS Office or remotely. Remote employees should adhere to Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 20% of the day and working on a computer 80% of the day. Occasional long work hours outside of normal work days in order to meet headlines.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business.
Work hours to be determined (but flexible) based on needs
Yearly wage dependent on experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com