Counterpoint Software Developer
Retail Control Systems has specialized in retail management software and hardware solutions for over 30 years. We are looking for a full-time Counterpoint Developer to join our team. If you are an active, engaged, energetic, self-motivated individual who drives to complete tasks now rather than push them to another day you will be a great fit for our team.
How we invest in you:
- Work hours are flexible, but to be determined based on needs
- Yearly wage dependent on experience
- Hybrid or remote office environment; travel as needed
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, and voluntary benefits are also available
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Shared Rewards Program
- PTO, Holidays, Birthday, and Wellness Days
- Bike-to-work benefit
- Dog-friendly offices
Our Counterpoint Developer will enhance the NCR Counterpoint product to enhance the experience for customers of various vertical markets. The Counterpoint developer is responsible for staying up to date with new technology, having a deep knowledge of RCS-approved products, and maintaining communication on the status of development projects.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take ownership
As a Counterpoint Developer you will need to:
- Work with Customers and/or RCS Personnel on the full life-cycle of all customizations, 3rd party integrations, software, and products, which include: Needs analysis, proof of concept, design/define, develop, prototype, validate/QA, and deploy.
- Provide use training and technical documentation to internal and external sources.
- Provide advanced support for the developed products.
- Provide advanced integration, API, SQL, .NET, and training to assist the support department.
- Resolve existing or new development challenges.
- Actively manage project timelines.
- Track all work, customer communication, and overall status within RCS CRM.
- Effective and timely communication of project status, timeline, and budget to clients and RCS team members.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on the definition.
- Create clear installation instructions and manuals for developed goods. Catalog results.
- Work to achieve goals and KPIs while maintaining an appropriate balance of focus and attention in all aspects of the role. Routinely review with manager to ensure targets are attainable and on track.
- Adhere to change control policies, procedures, and standards governing RCS.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications
- Arrive to work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Additional duties as assigned and agreed to.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and phone presence, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- A high degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency.
- Open-minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position.
Education and Experience:
- Developer-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server; query design, analytics, and stored procedures.
- Developer-level knowledge of modern REST API, with an emphasis on back-end connectivity.
- Knowledge and Experience in object-oriented application architecture design patterns (.NET / C#).
- Knowledge and Experience with system integration and data transfer.
- Proficient understanding of code management and versioning best practices (Git).
- Knowledge and/or experience with NCR Counterpoint preferred; familiarity with retail point of sale software required.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org