Customer Care Technician
Department: Technical Support
Reports to: Technical Support Lead & CTO
The Customer Support Technician will be the first point of contact for all Customer Support needs and will work to ensure service requests assigned are reviewed, prioritized, customer contact is made, properly documented, and escalate within ConnectWise Manage and resolved in a timely manner. This position will be responsible for all intake, distribution, and follow-through of all Customer Support requests.
In order to contribute to RCS’ award-winning sales and customer service, all employees live by RCS’ Core Values:
- Do the right thing
- Be fun to work with
- Take Ownership
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform intake of cases through all channels, such as phone, online portal and email. Gather necessary information to resolve the customer issue, or to escalate to an appropriate technician to assist. Document customer requests and set appropriate tagging based on Service Level Agreement (SLA). Set customer expectations at end of every interaction. All escalations must be performed through warm hand-off.
- Advise customers on how to best use software and solutions sold by RCS to meet customer business needs. Provide on-demand technical support to customers via phone, email, remote control or face-to-face. Assist customers by performing basic diagnostics using utilities, and resolve issues using published materials, training and documented workarounds and fixes. Document resolution, and distribute to teams for further use (when applicable).
- Resolve service requests in a high volume environment through direct contact, remote assistance and by providing training documentation.
- Mentor peers by providing technical documentation and acting as a resource and a point of contact (POC) for escalation.
- Maintain and provide timely customer, internal and documentation updates for each service request through the Company CRM system.
- Perform duties in addition to standard technical support including but not limited to web-based or in-person training, remote or on-site installation of hardware and software, upgrades and service packs and customizations utilizing Crystal Reports.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on critical escalations as directed. Provide feedback to other RCS units to improve systems.
- Accurate and timely recording in the company CRM system.
- When applicable manage escalations to engineers, developers, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide feedback to Technical Support Lead and CTO to improve systems; providing status updates to Management and Project Manager on a daily, weekly, monthly basis when applicable.
- Perform emergency technical support (after-hours support) based on SLA on a weekly, rotational schedule. Provide technical escalation for service team after-hours staff and management on a weekly, rotational schedule. Accurate and timely recording in Company CRM System.
- Establish individual and team goals and KPI’s with managers that support and align with RCS’ core values, company goals, and strategic direction. Work to achieve goals and KPI’s while maintaining an appropriate balance of focus and attention in all aspects of the role. Routinely review with manager to ensure targets are attainable and on track.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and standards governing RCS and the service department.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; pursue professional improvement by staying up-to-date with professional publications, new software features, hardware devices and custom modifications utilizing at work opportunities and on personal time.
- Arrive at work and meetings on time and prepared.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional internal and external Customer Service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and phone presence, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- High degree of integrity and work ethic. Professional demeanor and appearance, and a personal style that builds trust, and a sense of urgency. Always represent RCS in a positive and professional manner in electronic, written, or personal communications.
- Open-minded, friendly, strong work ethic, self-motivated. Eager and willing to learn.
- Timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail are skills essential for success in this position. Ability to use and manage time tracking systems preferred with the ability to adjust quickly to changes in service request severity and priorities and changes to the schedule as needed to maintain customer service level agreements.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or higher.
- A minimum of 1-year customer service experience.
- Service desk/help desk experience, retail experience, e-commerce, or warehouse management is a plus.
- 3-5 years retail experience and knowledge of point of sale software and operations and 3-5 years direct Customer Support via phone in a technical capacity.
- Technicians must have a proven and strong working knowledge of computer software and hardware, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Operating Systems, SQL server and Internet Fundamentals
- Comp TIA+, Comp TIA Networks +, Comp TIA Security +, Cisco CCENT, Microsoft ITILv.3 Fundamentals
- NCR Counterpoint Certified Installer (NCCI) preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to efficiently accomplish multiple tasks.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Google and database programs are required.
- Experience or training in a Connectwise environment is a plus.
- Located and able to work in the US from an RCS-based office space in NH or CO or remote. Remote employees should adhere to the Work At Home Policy.
- Primarily in an office environment, talking on the phone 70% of the day and working on a computer 90% of the day. Occasional long work hours outside of normal workdays in order to meet deadlines.
- Will be expected to travel as needed on company business.
Work hours to be determined based on needs
Yearly wage dependent on experience
On-Call Rate $500 per on-call week
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org